Tuesday 29 December 2015

Homage to the Stars

Star Wars: The Force Awakens was all that I hoped for and more. There were multiple moments when I was bathed in blissful nostalgia, grinning from ear to ear like an idiot! It is nearly 30 years since I saw the original, but it is like it was yesterday. I was back to being a teenager again. Thank you, everyone who was involved in the making of this film!

I have heard on the grapevine, that one of my readership thinks I give too much away about the movies I review (although I think I am scrupulous in not writing any spoilers...) So suffice to say: all the old and new characters are just brilliant and I now want my own BB-8. Go, go, go and go see this movie!!


Talent spotting and people development feature quite a lot in this movie: recognising employees who either have or do not have the 'force' is a key skill for all leaders, especially spotting those who are at risk of going over to the dark side...

As we know, some of the best and most celebrated leaders are the ones who have a talent for spotting and developing talent. Good leaders not only assemble & develop good teams, but also are great at finding managers who can do so with their teams too.

What does it take to be a good talent spotter?

_____________________

This is Blog 137 in my 2014/2015 series of blogs about leadership ideas to be found in the movies of our time. You can read here as why I began doing this (with an update at the end of 2014). Please subscribe to this blog if you want to read more. Thanks. Click the label 'film' to see all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment