Monday 1 February 2010

Allowing organisational culture to change...

I spend a good amount of time thinking about and helping clients move from one organisational culture to another. For a long while I have been conscious that such cultures are not easily changed since they represent something very deep in the organisation. Indeed I wonder sometimes whether these cultures can be changed at all.

I have just come across a very helpful article by Richard Seel which comes closer to my thinking about culture than anything I have read before. It is well worth a read! You can access it here (New Insights on Organisational Change).

I very like the idea of searching for a few 'nudges' (or grains of sand as described in the article) that can help a new culture emerge and come to life. In the article, Richard refers to the 'leader as midwife' - which of course I have blogged about only just recently.

Please read the article - and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment